My favorite hidden feature in Canvas is the ability to restore files and other resources that you have deleted.
- The tool is not 100% effective, so be cautious when you remove information from your course.
- The tool only restores your content. Any related student submissions or responses may not be restored.
Use these instructions to restore items in your course:
- Navigate to the Home page of the course where the file previously existed.
- Click in the address bar in your browser after the course number:
- Remove any other information in the address bar.
- Type /undelete after the course number in the address bar:
- Press Enter, and the browser will load a page with files and other resources that have been deleted from the course:
- Find the item in the list that you want to restore.
- Click the Restore button next to the item you want to restore:
- Click the OK button, and the item will be restored: